Ad by goggle

Monday, August 31, 2020

Manchester united to buy Upamecano

 Reports in Germany claim Dayot Upamecano has a €42m release clause which can be triggered at the end of the 2020/21 season, but Solskj√¶r wants to recruit this window. Sources say there is a belief that a deal can be struck with RB Leipzig this summer

Paire removed from US open

 

Paire removed from US Open after COVID-19 positive revealed

France's Benoit Paire was removed from the US Open men's draw on Sunday after the Grand Slam tournament announced an unidentified player had been withdrawn after testing positive for COVID-19.

Paire's name was removed from the US Open website's official draw and replaced with that of 149th-ranked Spaniard Marcel Granollers, who is set to face Poland's 108th-ranked Kamil Majchrzak in a first-round match next week.

French sports daily L'Equipe had earlier reported that world number 22 Paire had tested positive for coronavirus in New York.

The US Tennis Association said the asymptomatic player has been advised to follow state and tournament health and safety protocols requiring isolation for at least 10 days.

Contact tracing has been initiated to determine if anyone else must quarantine for 14 days as a result of being around the player involved.

L'Equipe said fellow French players Richard Gasquet, Gregoire Barrere, Edouard Roger-Vasselin and Adrian Mannarino have been confined to their hotel rooms at the tournament until further notice.

News of the positive test comes after players have been practicing and playing a tuneup event, the ATP and WTA Western and Southern Open, usually staged in Cincinnati, in the same quarantine bubble where the US Open begins Monday without spectators.

Paire, 31, was seeded 17th. He made his first Grand Slam fourth round in 2015 at the US Open and that remains level for his deepest Slam run.

USTA officials aren't expected to confirm any individual player's test results under US medical privacy laws.

Paire had arrived in the US on August 18 and numerous coronavirus tests had returned negative results.

However, he was forced to retire from his first round match in the Western and Southern Open against Borna Coric after complaining of feeling unwell.

World number one Novak Djokovic is the man to beat as he chases an 18th Grand Slam title and fourth crown on the New York hardcourts after 2011, 2015 and 2018.

Story continues

Serena Williams will attempt to capture her 24th career Grand Slam women's singles crown to match the all-time record set by Margaret Court.

Djokovic and Japan's Naomi Osaka, whose status is in doubt due to a left hamstring injury that forced her to pull out of Saturday's WTA New York final, are both scheduled to play in Monday night's feature matches at Arthur Ashe Stadium.

Parts of the US National Tennis Center grounds were turned into makeshift hospitals during the worst of the pandemic in New York last April.

Intense cleaning and safety protocols were put in place before the US Open allowed players into the bubble. 

The number of support personnel for each players was limited to keep the number of people inside the bubble to a minimum.

Most players are housed at specific hotels in a quarantine move and those who rent private houses, such as Djokovic, had to pay for safety measures and security to ensure their lockdown areas were as safeguarded as the quarantine bubble.

France's Benoit Paire was removed from the US Open men's draw on Sunday after the Grand Slam tournament announced an unidentified player had been withdrawn after testing positive for COVID-19.

Paire's name was removed from the US Open website's official draw and replaced with that of 149th-ranked Spaniard Marcel Granollers, who is set to face Poland's 108th-ranked Kamil Majchrzak in a first-round match next week.

French sports daily L'Equipe had earlier reported that world number 22 Paire had tested positive for coronavirus in New York.

The US Tennis Association said the asymptomatic player has been advised to follow state and tournament health and safety protocols requiring isolation for at least 10 days.

Contact tracing has been initiated to determine if anyone else must quarantine for 14 days as a result of being around the player involved.

L'Equipe said fellow French players Richard Gasquet, Gregoire Barrere, Edouard Roger-Vasselin and Adrian Mannarino have been confined to their hotel rooms at the tournament until further notice.

News of the positive test comes after players have been practicing and playing a tuneup event, the ATP and WTA Western and Southern Open, usually staged in Cincinnati, in the same quarantine bubble where the US Open begins Monday without spectators.

Paire, 31, was seeded 17th. He made his first Grand Slam fourth round in 2015 at the US Open and that remains level for his deepest Slam run.

USTA officials aren't expected to confirm any individual player's test results under US medical privacy laws.

Paire had arrived in the US on August 18 and numerous coronavirus tests had returned negative results.

However, he was forced to retire from his first round match in the Western and Southern Open against Borna Coric after complaining of feeling unwell.

World number one Novak Djokovic is the man to beat as he chases an 18th Grand Slam title and fourth crown on the New York hardcourts after 2011, 2015 and 2018.

Story continues

Serena Williams will attempt to capture her 24th career Grand Slam women's singles crown to match the all-time record set by Margaret Court.

Djokovic and Japan's Naomi Osaka, whose status is in doubt due to a left hamstring injury that forced her to pull out of Saturday's WTA New York final, are both scheduled to play in Monday night's feature matches at Arthur Ashe Stadium.

Parts of the US National Tennis Center grounds were turned into makeshift hospitals during the worst of the pandemic in New York last April.

Intense cleaning and safety protocols were put in place before the US Open allowed players into the bubble. 

The number of support personnel for each players was limited to keep the number of people inside the bubble to a minimum.

Most players are housed at specific hotels in a quarantine move and those who rent private houses, such as Djokovic, had to pay for safety measures and security to ensure their lockdown areas were as safeguarded as the quarantine bubble.

Thursday, August 27, 2020

Citriodiol for corona virus prevention

WS

Scientistys find that Citriodiol, ingredient in insect repellent, can kill COVID-19

Sign up for our special edition newsletter to get a daily update on the coronavirus pandemic.

British scientists have discovered that an active ingredient found in insect repellent can kill COVID-19, according to a report.

Researchers at the UK’s Defense Science and Technology Laboratory determined that Citriodiol can help fight coronavirus in a preliminary study, Sky News reported.

Insect repellents containing Citriodiol are not believed to be enough alone to protect people from the virus but can be used as an additional layer of defense along with face masks, hand washing and other health recommendations, according to the report.

Citriodiol — which has approval from the US Environmental Protection Agency — is derived from the leaves and twigs of the eucalyptus citriodora tree.

Jacqueline Watson, managing director of Citrefine, which produces the naturally sourced active ingredient, previously said she was optimistic that it could help stop the spread of the virus.

“What we can say is that we do feel there is a very good chance it could work against this virus but it does of course need to be thoroughly tested,” she said.

FILED UNDER 

British scientists have discovered that an active ingredient found in insect repellent can kill COVID-19, according to a report.

Researchers at the UK’s Defense Science and Technology Laboratory determined that Citriodiol can help fight coronavirus in a preliminary study, Sky News reported.

Insect repellents containing Citriodiol are not believed to be enough alone to protect people from the virus but can be used as an additional layer of defense along with face masks, hand washing and other health recommendations, according to the report.

Citriodiol — which has approval from the US Environmental Protection Agency — is derived from the leaves and twigs of the eucalyptus citriodora tree.

Jacqueline Watson, managing director of Citrefine, which produces the naturally sourced active ingredient, previously said she was optimistic that it could help stop the spread of the virus.

“What we can say is that we do feel there is a very good chance it could work against this virus but it does of course need to be thoroughly tested,” she said.

FILED UNDER 

Thursday, August 20, 2020

81year grandma wake up after 7hour in.morgue

 


Woman, 81, wakes up after spending the night in a Russian morgue and 'being pulled back from the other world' after doctors declared her dead

Woman, 81, returns to life after spending the night in a Russian morgue and 'being pulled back from the other world' after doctors declared her dead.

A pensioner gave a hospital worker 'the shock of her life' when she came back from the dead after spending the night in a Russian morgue.

Zinaida Kononova, 81, was pronounced dead after surgery to remove an intestinal obstruction at the Gorshechensky Central District Hospital on August 14.

She was taken to the morgue at 1.10am, but almost seven hours later at 8am a female worker 'got the shock of her life' when she found the grandmother sprawled across the floor.

Ms Kononova had fallen as she attempted to climb off the morgue table and escape.

An ambulance driver overheard the commotion as he entered the building.

He told how the 'frightened' morgue worker said: 'Grandma, lie down, granny, be quiet.'

The paramedic thought the morgue employee had gone 'crazy', but then he saw the pensioner grab the woman's hand pleading for help.

Ms Kononova was covered in blankets and rushed to intensive care.

The hospital called the grandmother's niece Tatiana Kulikova and a senior doctor told her: 'We have an unusual situation. She is alive!'

Ms Kulikova rushed to the hospital as a team of medics from regional capital Kursk were sent to treat Ms Kononova.

Ms Kulikova was delighted her aunt was alive but asked the doctors: 'How could this happen?'

She was told Ms Kononova had been registered as clinically dead for 15 minutes, and was 'literally pulled back from the other world'.

Ms Kulikova said: 'She initially did not recognise me or recall that she had a surgery. But she talked about her old knee problem.'

A doctor and anaesthetist later confessed they had sent Ms Kononova to the morgue one hour and 20 minutes after she died, instead of two hours as rules dictate.

The back-to-life pensioner has been transferred to Kursk for further treatment.

Roman Kondratenko, chief doctor of Gorshechensky Central District Hospital, has been suspended pending an investigation.

Relatives of the pensioner are planning to sue the hospital, according to reports.

Acting hospital head Alexander Vlasov said: 'For 30 minutes the patient underwent resuscitation measures.'

Ms Kononova did not respond, he said.

'As a result, the resuscitation doctor established biological death, ascertained it,' he added. 'The anaesthetist is very worried. She feels very bad and we are afraid for her.

Every person makes mistakes. What will happen next with the career of this anaesthetist is still a question.'  

Source: 


https://www.dailymail.co.uk/news/article-8642283/Woman-81-returns-life-spending-night-Russian-morgue.htm


Don't Bet On Your Politics

Whatever your political beliefs, no matter how confident you are in them, do not invest according to those beliefs. You will lose money. The...